Monday, February 20, 2006

Ever see a photo of someone and suddenly hear that person's voice in your head?

The following is an excerpt from my personal journal.

3/11/05

I was looking through one of the Jewish photo communities on LiveJournal.com and this one cute, 20-something girl with brownish/reddish hair, she had all these photos of herself taken at arm's length. I dunno, I looked at this one photo of her, I don't think it was the first, maybe second or third, and I heard this kind of nasally girl's voice in my head. It fit the way she looked, her face, if that makes any sense. Not like Fran-Drescher-you-can-light-a-match-on-her-voice kind of nasal. It was cute, I guess, but moreso just distinctive. For some reason, cousin Mindy's high school friend Shira comes to mind, but the last time I saw her was at Jana's wedding. I think that was ninth grade for me?

No comments: