Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Crown Heights Branch

Haven't been able to update as much as I'd like, but fortunately it's because my friend Roma hired me to do some part time data entry on his jewelry website.

Went to the Crown Heights branch of the Brooklyn Public Library today with Leah and Menachem. I needed to print out a bus ticket, but there was a two-hour wait for a computer. Some girl was playing a tetris-type game at one of the computer stations. Those flash games are real important. There was a magician there who was pretty funny, except he was kind of manhandling his rabbit. I went outside to make a phone call and ended up getting into a conversation with a kid named Jay, who was practicing his kickflips on his skateboard. I impressed him with my (in)ability to do a casper, and he showed me how to ollie better. Evidently, using your toes rather than the balls of your feet makes a big difference.

No comments: